In São ,Martinho do Porto you can enjoy all kinds of watersport activities on the bay of São Martinho, or just relax on the quiet beach “Praia da Gralha”, close to the cottage. You can stroll along the boulevard, where you´ll find a variety of pubs, stands, shops and (seafood) restaurants. There are a few supermarkets, a tourism office with internet access,
banks and a post office. There is a daily market with a lot of fresh fruit, vegetables and fish. Once every weeks you also have the antique fairs.Climbe the lighthouse, enjoy the wide views. Visit the medieval Óbidos or the famous monasteries of Alcobaça en Batalha, visit the caves in Serra d´Aire en Candeeiros, or go for a walk (there are beautiful walking tracks along the coast), or visit one of the many events (see calendar), or …Below you´ll find an overview of all kinds of activities in the direct region, trips and a calendar with events.
Sailing, Kayak, Diving, Fishing, Surfing, Paragliding, Speleology, Mountain Biking, Golf, Karting, Horseback Riding, Fitness.
– Touristic villages Nazaré(8 miles) of Peniche(29 miles) (Ferry to Berlenga-islands, sea:Nature)
– Medieval Óbidos(15 miles); city has monumental status,great castle, various churches)
– Alcobaça(12 miles); Monasterie, serene architecture of cisterziënzer monks, theatre, – famous for its ceramiek
– Batalha(24 miles); Monasterie, late gothic architecture, manuelino decorations
– Leiria(29 miles); great castle, shopping centres
– Sanctuary Fátima(34 miles)
– Caldas de Rainha(11 miles); Spa, XL supermarkets, shopping centres
– Lisbon (by car 1h10min., interliner-bus www.rede-expressos., or train)